As a sales coach, I am often asked this question, “How do I distribute sales leads that come in from our web site?” Or, calls that come into the office via phone?
I have managed teams around this sales training process for over 15 years.
- Qualify all leads first. Jr. Sales path job.
- If you do not sell by territory or channel, distribute equally. Not based on sales performance. If you have bad reps, cut them loose fast. Hire slow, fire fast.
- The sales team is trained on a precise sales model. This sales training model is repeatable and precise. Do not allow much room for deviation from the process. That is VERY hard to manage.
- Create a structure of accountability. Meaning, a manager follows-up after each lead. Make sure the sales model is being followed. You can NOT deviate from this! Ever!
- If the sale does not close, inject manager. Do not rely on the sales reps word of what happened unless there is a HIGH level of trust.
- Coach all sales calls, good or bad. Especially the bad ones or those that did not close.
- Rinse and repeat the total sales training process.
The core of this being a success is the creation of a repeatable sales process. All to often each AE “does their own thing”. This is VERY hard to manage. Creating a quality sales process is not hard. It just takes a bit of time and guidance.
Need some help on this? Reach out to me. Click here.
Sales Coach and Trainer to over 3,000 sales professionals in 7 countries.