1. Increasing frequency and reducing the size of the email text often increases the user interaction.
2. Plan each eNewsletter topic with this thought… “How can partner with someone willing to pay for exposure to my readers?”
3. Create one master list and then break users off into segments that if they un-subscribe that you do not loose them forever.
4. Create a networking group that includes 6-8 business partners that are looking to share eLists and or space in each others eLIsts and meet quarterly to coordinate on topics, ideas and potential sponsors.
5. Write the subject line last and spend some serious time on it. Ask yourself, “Would that subject line beg you to open the email?”
6. Sign up for a ton of eNewsletters to steal designs, styles and ideas.
7. Break your eList into demographic segments to better enhance the user experience and create a more targeted send list for potential sponsors.
8. Create a promotional calendar and match that to you eNews schedule to create consistency and synergy.
9. Create a short video to showcase what your eNewsletters can offer to a potential sponsor. Keep it very focused on why partnering benefits them.
10. Increase the number of times you touch your clients by scheduling business quotes or marketing tips in January and sending monthly.
11. Create PDF sample files of your eNewsletters rather than forwarding a sample. This ensures that the graphics look right.
12. Test and re-test on all your eNewsletters on mobile devices.
13. Hire an outside resource to run a usability test on your eNewsletters. Ask them to identify 10 things they would do to drive open rates, clicks and or conversions.
14. Develop a list of 20 partners that may pay to gain exposure to that eList. Then create a plan to email them often with opportunities.
15. Use bullet point lists with small limited pictures to make your eNewsletter more read-able and to increase user interaction.
16. Worry more about the content than the design. Content almost always trumps design.
17. Try a daily send for one week to really push an issues or promotion.
18. Examine your eNews send vs. open results based on day and time of day. Do a little background research to drive interaction and conversions.
19. Place links to video in your eNews. But, do not make the video an embedded feature, instead use a graphical link to Youtube or Vimeo.
20. Schedule your eNewsletters based on topic sets like legal, new products, marketing ideas, etc. Then find partners looking to target that audience too.
21. BONUS - Your e-List is like Gold. Protect against sponsors that are not a good fit for your readers no matter the price. Or, charge through the nose knowing that readers will unsubscribe and you will need to replace them.
This topic and more to be featured at eNewsLetterWorld.com!